Women Empowerment is more than a literal term, it is a conducive environment of self-dependent women, who can take decisions of their own for their personal benefits as well as for the society.
It also refers to increasing and improving the social, economic, political and legal strength of the women, to ensure equal-right to women, and to make them confident enough to claim their rights, such as:
- freely live their life with a sense of self-worth, respect and dignity,
- have complete control of their life, both within and outside of their home and workplace,
- to make their own choices and decisions,
- have equal rights to participate in social, religious and public activities,
- have equal social status in the society,
- have equal rights for social and economic justice,
- determine financial and economic choices,
- get equal opportunity for education,
- get equal employment opportunity without any gender bias,
- get safe and comfortable working environment.
Silai Kendra, paper jewellery, jute products
We organize workshops for mothers of cancer kids where we train them in making paper jewelry, jute products and sewing material. These workshops help them to develop skills and confidence necessary to secure a job, thereby creating a secure and independent living for themselves and their families.
We recruit the mothers of cancer suffering children in our organization for creating handmade products. Here, we provide them with raw materials of which they make creative handmade goods which we further sell in our exhibitions and in turn contributing in fund raising.